Founded by parents, Creative Arts has always been a "roll up your sleeves and pitch in" kind of place, with family engagement at the core of our educational and community values. Just as we guide students to take on responsibility and become involved in the world around them, we also encourage family members to participate in the life of the school at all levels – in the classroom, through events and fundraisers, and on our Board of Directors.
Our Family Association (FA) serves much the same function that PTA's do in other public schools. This vital group oversees and organizes all aspects of family engagement and volunteering and works to make sure that every family can get involved in a way that feels right and makes sense to them.
Creative Arts asks for an annual commitment of 40 volunteer hours from each enrolled family, and to help reach this goal, we offer a variety of ways to get involved, based on individual time constraints, resources, and interests. Sample opportunities include:
- Volunteering in your child's classroom
- Helping in the school office (answering phones, making copies, etc.)
- Supporting the Fall Fair or annual auction
- Participating in fall and spring all-school clean-up days
- Accompanying field trips
- Producing the bi-monthly newsletter
- Representing CACS at outreach and enrollment events
- Writing grants and working on Development initiatives
- Working on our web site